After visiting the eastern part of southern Thailand, a common route for tourists is to go from Koh Samui to Krabi, which is located in the western section of the region. These two beautiful villages are separated by around 125 miles (200 kilometres) when travelling in a direct line. After becoming familiar with the waters of the Gulf of Thailand, which wash up on the coasts of the island of Koh Samui, you will be able to become familiar with the waters of the Andaman Sea of Krabi, which is home to a number of islands and breathtaking landscapes that are distinguished by large limestone formations. Keep reading this post since it will assist you in arriving at the conclusion that is best for you regarding how to travel from Koh Samui to Krabi.
How to get from Koh Samui to Krabi?
Both Koh Samui and Krabi have their own airports, so taking a flight is a good option if you want to get there quickly. You may also choose to take a ferry from the island of Koh Samui to the mainland, and then continue your journey by land all the way to Krabi on the other side of the country if flying isn’t your thing and you want to save money. You will discover further information on your various travel choices to undertake this journey further down in this article.
Read More: How to get from Krabi to Koh Lanta
Transport to go from Koh Samui to Krabi:
- Plane – This is the most expensive and fastest way to get from Koh Samui to Krabi.
- Ferry + Bus – The cheapest and most popular option to get to Krabi from Koh Samui.
How to go to Krabi by plane
This service is provided by Bangkok Airways on a daily basis, with departures from Koh Samui at 12.20 and arrivals at Krabi airport at 13.15. This route, which won’t take more than an hour total, is, without a doubt, the quickest method to get there. Because there is only one direct flight each day, it is strongly recommended that you purchase your ticket in advance in order to guarantee a spot.
- Distance: About 200 kilometers in a straight line.
- Duration: 55 minutes.
- Price: Around 4,200 baht.
- Departure area: Koh Samui Airport (USM).
Read More: How to get from Krabi to Bangkok
How to go to Krabi by ferry + bus
Due to the very short distance that separates these two destinations, choosing this mode of transportation to complete the journey is the one that is suggested the most. This is especially true when considering the significant cost savings that can be achieved when compared to flying. If this is the case, you will board the ferry to reach the mainland in Donsak, which is located in the province of Surat Thani. From there, you will continue your trip by land bus to reach your ultimate destination.
You can go with one of many different transport companies that both depart from a variety of ports on Koh Samui and provide bundled tickets. These firms are Seatran, Lomprayah, and Raja Ferry. Seatran departs from the port of Seatran Bangrak, while Lomprayah departs from the port of Nathon (departs from Lipa Noi port ). Your choice of firm will be determined by the departure location that is most convenient for you as well as the hours that are made accessible by each option. Before making a decision, we suggest taking a look at this first.
- Distance: First, Koh Samui is about 30 km away from the mainland by sea. Then you walk about 200 kilometres across the land to get to Krabi Town.
- Duration: From Koh Samui to Donsak, it takes about 2.5 hours by boat. From Donsak to Krabi takes about 3 hours by bus.
- Price: 600 – 950 baht.
- Departure area: Depends on the transport company chosen.
- My Caffeinated Journey: The Top 8 Best Coffee Shops in Bangkok - September 11, 2023
- My Encounter with Thailand’s Black and White Striped Snakes - September 2, 2023
- The Koh Samui Island Tour - July 24, 2023