After enjoying the breathtaking views of Krabi, you may continue your journey to one of the most well-known islands in Thailand: Koh Samui. It is the second largest island in the country, and it features a great deal more than just stunning beaches that are reminiscent of a tropical paradise. It is home to a vibrant nightlife scene as well as lush tropical woods that include a broad range of attractions and activities. This is the post for you to read if you are interested in learning the most efficient route to go to this island from Krabi.
How to get from Krabi to Koh Samui?
Since Koh Samui has its own airport (USM), taking a fly over the island is a viable alternate mode of transportation to travelling by boat. You may reach your final location by taking a bus and then combining that with a boat ride if you don’t want to fly, aren’t in a rush, or prefer to go by land instead of flying. Because Krabi is situated on the west coast of southern Thailand and Koh Samui is situated on the east coast, it is not possible to go by boat from Krabi all the way to Koh Samui.
You will find further information about each available transfer method below, allowing you to select the one that caters to your individual tastes and financial constraints the most effectively.
Transportation to go from Krabi to Koh Samui:
- Plane – This is the fastest and most direct choice, but it also costs the most.
- Bus + Ferry – The cheapest option and most popular among travelers.
How to go to Koh Samui by plane
If your finances are relatively tight and you would rather save time on your vacation than money, this can be a decent choice for you to consider. Bangkok Airways is the only airline that operates flights between Krabi and Koh Samui, so if you want to go there, you’ll have to fly with them. Because there is often only one aircraft per day that departs about midday, we strongly advise that you buy your ticket in advance to guarantee that you have a spot on the trip, particularly if you will be travelling during the peak travel season.
- Distance: 200 kilometers in a straight line.
- Duration: Less than 1 hour.
- Price: Around 4000 baht.
- Departure area: Krabi International Airport (KBV).
How to go to Koh Samui by bus + ferry
Ferries are the most popular way for tourists to get from Krabi to Koh Samui, not only because they are cheaper but also because they leave at a lot of different times and can be easily arranged to fit anyone’s schedule. With this option, you can ride a bus from Krabi to Surat Thani province and look at the land and seascapes on the way to your final destination. You can get combined tickets, and your travel agency will take care of all the connections for you.
Lomprayah is known and respected as one of the best ferry companies. From his office in Krabi, about four or five trips leave every day. Seatran Discovery is another reputable company that runs ferries from Krabi to Koh Samui. Songserm is a third ferry company you can use. You just need to find out how much each one cost and what it has to offer to make a choice.
- Distance: Donsak in Surat Thani is 261.3 kilometres away on highway 44. Then it was about 30 km by boat to Koh Samui.
- Duration: 4 – 9 hours. How long it takes depends on how fast the ferries are and how busy the highway is.
- Price: 550 – 700 baht for a combined ticket.
- Starting area: Not determined. It depends on the chosen travel agency.
- My Caffeinated Journey: The Top 8 Best Coffee Shops in Bangkok - September 11, 2023
- My Encounter with Thailand’s Black and White Striped Snakes - September 2, 2023
- The Koh Samui Island Tour - July 24, 2023