Koh Tao is largely viewed as one of the finest locations in which to participate in the sport of scuba diving because the waters surrounding the island are exceptionally clear, there is a large variety of marine life in the region, and there are a significant number of businesses that are devoted to the pursuit. This location is ideal, and regardless of your skill level, you will have a great time here because of how much fun the activities are.
In addition, it possesses stunning beaches and vibrant nightlife, both of which may bring a dash of excitement and merriment to an otherwise relaxing trip. In this post, we will explain the steps that need to be taken in order for you to reach this location once you have finished exploring the Krabi region.
How to get from Krabi to Koh Tao?
Around 250 kilometres to the northeast of Krabi Town is where you’ll find the island of Koh Tao. Since it does not have its own airport, you will need to board a boat at some point throughout your journey to get to your destination. It is possible to combine a journey by bus and ferry, as well as a trip by aircraft and ferry. Continue reading to learn more about each of these available choices.
Read More: How to get from Bangkok to Koh Chang
Transport from Krabi to Koh Tao:
- Bus + ferry – It is the most economical and recommended option.
- Plane + ferry – It is the most expensive choice, but it will save you some time.
How to go to Koh Tao by bus + ferry
The journey from Krabi to Koh Tao may be made via bus and ferry travel, and three companies offer these direct services. Lomprayah, Seatran Discovery, and Songserm Travel are their respective names. The travel path from Krabi to Koh Tao, followed by all three firms, is very similar to one another. To begin, you will take a bus from Krabi Town to Donsak, which is located in the province of Surat Thani. This trip will take around three hours. After that, you will make your way to Koh Tao via Koh Samui and Koh Phangan by boarding a boat from Donsak. This trip will take around three hours.
- Distance: About 160 kilometres from Krabi to Donsak. From Donsak to Koh Tao, it’s almost 90 kilometres by sea.
- Duration: About 6 hours in total.
- Price: 800 – 1200 baht.
- Departure area: Depends on the transport company you choose.
Read More: How to go from Phuket to Krabi
How to go to Koh Tao by plane + ferry
You can choose to take a plane to the island of Koh Samui (which has the closest airport to Koh Tao), and from there, you can take a ferry to Koh Tao if you have a limited amount of time on your trip, you want to get there as quickly as possible, and money is not an issue for you. This option is available to you if you do not have a budget that prevents you from doing so. We do not advocate going with this choice because it is significantly more expensive, and you will not see any appreciable gains in terms of time, but everything depends on the specifics of your situation.
- Distance: From Krabi to Koh Samui is about 200 km. From Koh Samui to Koh Tao is about 65 km by sea.
- Duration: The flight took 50 minutes. From Koh Samui to Koh Tao, it takes about 2.5 hours by boat.
- Price: 3900 bahts for the plane. 600 baht for the ferry.
- Departure area: Krabi International Airport (KBV).
- My Caffeinated Journey: The Top 8 Best Coffee Shops in Bangkok - September 11, 2023
- My Encounter with Thailand’s Black and White Striped Snakes - September 2, 2023
- The Koh Samui Island Tour - July 24, 2023