From Phuket, you may go to Ao Nang by a number of different routes. In spite of the fact that Phuket is an island, the Sarasin Bridge, which is situated near the island’s northernmost tip, makes it feasible to travel from Phuket to Ao Nang (and vice versa) by land. However, you also have the option of travelling by water. In this essay, we will describe in detail the most expedient and convenient ways to reach Ao Nang via these two entry points.
How to get from Phuket to Ao Nang?
Krabi Province, located in southern Thailand, is home to the popular vacation destination of Ao Nang. It is situated close to Krabi Town, which can be found to the east of Phuket Island (across the islands of Koh Yao Noi and Koh Yao Yai ). The fact that it is easy to go to the beach contributes to the area’s high level of popularity among visitors that come to the nation. You may go there by land or by water from Phuket. Both options are available. The following are some of the available modes of transportation to get to this location:
Read More: How to go from Phuket to Bangkok
Transport to get from Phuket to Ao Nang:
- Ferry or speedboat – A pleasant trip enjoying the seascape.
- Car – Driving can be a good way to see the sights and stop whenever you want.
- Minivan – This is the best choice if you want to travel by land but don’t want to drive, and money isn’t a problem.
Read More: How to get from Phuket to Koh Tao
How to go to Ao Nang by ferry or speedboat
Every day, passengers may travel from Phuket to Ao Nang using ferries and speedboats. You will be dropped off straight at the Nopparat Thara port in Ao Nang by either the ferry or the speedboat. The journey is really relaxing, and along the way, they will provide you with breathtaking panoramas of the cliffs that are located close to your destination. Rassada Harbor in Phuket is the departure point for ferries and speedboats. There are some that travel all the way to Ao Nang, while others make pit stops at various locations along the Phi Phi Islands (which will take you longer). You are free to select the alternative that best suits your preferences.
- Distance: Approximately 55 kilometers.
- Duration: About 2 hours if you make a direct route.
- Precio: 700 baths.
- Departure area: Rassada Port, south of Phuket.
How to go to Ao Nang by car
The travel is not that lengthy, which makes driving a pleasant and appealing alternative for people who like driving on highways and prefer to stop along the way to snap photographs of the gorgeous landscape. Because the drive is not that long, it is ideal for individuals who like to do road trips. Take highway 4 if you want to travel the shortest distance and get where you’re going the quickest. If you wish to walk a little further or take a different route, you may take highway 402 and then highway 4, which is the next highway in the sequence.
- Distance: About 164 kilometers by highway 4 and 200 kilometers by highway 402 + 4.
- Duration: 2 hours and 45 minutes approximately by route 4. 3 hours and a half by highway 402 + 4.
- Price: Not determined.
- Starting area: Not determined.
How to go to Ao Nang by minivan
You can go to Ao Nang in convenience, in a short amount of time, and without having to worry about being stuck in traffic if you use one of the minivans that are available. They are the most expensive of the options that are given, and they depart from Phuket International Airport.
- Distance: About 100 miles on Highway 4.
- Duration: 3 hours approximately.
- Price: 2,500 – 3,000 baht.
- Departure area: Phuket International Airport