The people of Bangkok’s middle and upper classes frequently spend the weekend getting away to Hua Hin, which is known for its beautiful beaches. Its closeness to the capital city, in addition to its stunning beaches, contributes to this. It is situated to the southwest of Bangkok and is around 145 kilometres distant if one were to travel by air. Continue reading this post, and we will give you the most efficient ways to travel to this location if you are interested in learning how to get there.
How to get from Bangkok to Hua Hin?
Hua Hin has a long history of being connected with high society due to the fact that in the 1920s, summer houses for the Thai monarchy began to be constructed in the region. Even in modern times, the Phra Ratchawang Klai Kangwon, also known as the Far from Worry Palace, serves as a royal home. From Bangkok, you may take a bus, a vehicle, a train, or even an aeroplane to travel to this stunning region; if you’re interested in seeing it, do so! You get to determine which of the available choices is the most suitable for you.
Transportation from Bangkok to Hua Hin:
- Automobile – This is a great choice if you like to drive on the road.
- Bus – This is a cheap and good choice if you don’t want to drive. Most highly recommended.
- Train – A very pretty and unique shape that is an attraction in and of itself.
- Plane – There are no regular commercial flights between the two places right now, but you can hire a private flight.
Read More: How to go from Bangkok to Krabi
You are able to hire a vehicle and drive quite easily to Hua Hin because the journey is brief. Because of this, you can take advantage of the flexibility of being able to make as many stops as you wish along the route, whether it be to snap photographs of the scenery or to investigate new areas.
- Distance: 198.7 kilometers along highways 35 and 4.
- Duration: About 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- Price: Not determined.
- Starting area: Not determined.
Read More: How to go from Bangkok to Phuket
How to go to Hua Hin by bus
From Suvarnabhumi Airport or the city centre, it’s easy to get to Hua Hin. There is a 24-seat bus service at the airport that you can use to get where you need to go. There are six times to leave every day, beginning at 7 a.m. If you are coming from the city centre, on the other hand, you should go to the southern terminal (Sai Tai Mai). The bus from Bangkok to Hua Hin leaves every 20 minutes, so you usually don’t need to book a seat in advance.
- Distance: About 200 kilometers.
- Duration: 3 – 4 hours, but may vary according to traffic.
- Price: The bus from the airport costs 305 baht, and the bus from the terminal costs about 200 baht.
- Departure area: Suvarnabhumi International Airport or Bangkok South Bus Terminal (Sai Tai Mai).
How to go to Hua Hin by train
Trains to Hua Hin leave regularly from the Hua Lamphong and Bang Sue train stations between 8:05 a.m. and 11:50 p.m. The Hua Hin train station, which is one of the oldest in Thailand and has a royal waiting room where the King and his court used to be welcomed, is one of the best parts of this trip. Whether you choose first, second, or third class, the price of your ticket changes. You can also pay extra for the use of certain facilities if you want to.
- Distance: About 200 kilometers.
- Duration: Approximately 4 hours.
- Price: 45 to 200 bahts approximately (depends on the amenities you choose).
- Departure area: Trains to Hua Hin depart from Bangkok’s Hua Lamphong and Bang Sue train stations.
How to go to Hua Hin by plane
You can fly from Bangkok to Hua Hin, but not on a regular airline because there are no commercial flights between the two places. But since Hua Hin has an airport, you can hire a private flight from Bangkok to get there. As you might expect, this choice is very expensive. But you might want to think about it if you have a lot of money and want to get to Hua Hin in style.
- Distance: About 145 kilometers in a straight line.
- Duration: About 35 minutes.
- Price: Approximately 2,200 baht.
- Departure area: Bangkok Airport.