Phi Phi Viewpoint is one of the most popular attractions on Phi Phi Island, Thailand. Located on the island’s highest point, it offers stunning panoramic views of the surrounding sea, beaches, and lush jungle. In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Phi Phi Viewpoint, including how to get there, what to expect, and tips for making the most of your visit.
Getting to Phi Phi Viewpoint
Phi Phi Viewpoint is located on the highest point of Phi Phi Island, which means you’ll need to do a bit of hiking to reach it. The hike up to the Viewpoint is relatively steep and can be challenging in parts, so it’s important to wear comfortable shoes and bring plenty of water.
To reach the trailhead, you’ll need to head towards the center of the island and follow the signs to the Viewpoint. The trailhead is located near the Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort, and the hike to the top takes around 20-30 minutes, depending on your pace.
What to Expect at Phi Phi Viewpoint
Once you reach the top of the hill, you’ll be rewarded with stunning panoramic views of the island and the surrounding sea. You’ll be able to see both Phi Phi Don and Phi Phi Leh, as well as the nearby islands of Koh Bida and Mosquito Island.
There are several viewing platforms at the top of the hill, each offering a slightly different perspective on the view. You can spend as much time as you like taking photos and soaking in the scenery, but be aware that the Viewpoint can get crowded during peak tourist season.
In addition to the views, several small vendors sell drinks and snacks at the top of the hill, so you can take a break and refresh yourself before making your way back down.
Phi Phi Viewpoint 1
Phi Phi Viewpoint 1 is one of the most popular attractions on Phi Phi Island, located in the southern part of the island. The Viewpoint offers stunning panoramic views of the island’s turquoise waters, lush green jungle, and surrounding islands. Visitors must hike up a steep trail that can take around 30-45 minutes to reach the Viewpoint, depending on one’s fitness level.
However, the challenging hike is well worth it, as the views from the top are simply breathtaking. Visitors can take in the stunning scenery while relaxing on benches and taking photographs. Phi Phi Viewpoint 1 is open daily from sunrise to sunset, and visitors are advised to wear comfortable clothing and bring plenty of water for the hike. Whether you’re a nature lover or just looking for a picturesque spot to take in the views, Phi Phi Viewpoint 1 is a must-visit attraction on Phi Phi Island.
I LOVE PHI PHI
Phi Phi Viewpoint 1 is one of the most stunning attractions on Phi Phi Island, offering panoramic views of the island’s turquoise waters, lush green jungle, and surrounding islands. As visitors hike up the steep trail to reach the Viewpoint, they can’t help but fall in love with the island’s natural beauty. At the top, the breathtaking views leave a lasting impression on anyone who visits. It’s easy to see why so many people say, “I love Phi Phi” after experiencing the island’s stunning scenery.
Phi Phi Viewpoint 1 provides the perfect opportunity to appreciate the island’s natural beauty and take a break from the hustle and bustle of daily life. The trail may be challenging, but the rewarding views are worth every step. From the top, visitors can relax on benches and take in the stunning scenery while feeling grateful for the chance to experience such a beautiful place.
In short, Phi Phi Viewpoint 1 is a must-visit attraction for anyone who loves nature and wants to experience the beauty of Phi Phi Island. It’s impossible not to fall in love with this paradise on earth.
Phi Phi Viewpoint 2
Phi Phi Viewpoint 2 is another popular attraction on Phi Phi Island, located to the east of Phi Phi Viewpoint 1. The Viewpoint offers equally stunning panoramic views of the island’s turquoise waters and lush green jungle, as well as views of Phi Phi Ley Island in the distance. To reach the Viewpoint, visitors must hike up a steep trail that can take around 30-45 minutes, similar to Phi Phi Viewpoint 1. The trail can be challenging at times, but the rewarding views from the top make it well worth the effort. Visitors can take in the breathtaking scenery while relaxing on benches and taking photographs. Phi Phi Viewpoint 2 is open daily from sunrise to sunset, and visitors are advised to wear comfortable clothing and bring plenty of water for the hike. Whether you’re a nature lover or just looking for a picturesque spot to take in the views, Phi Phi Viewpoint 2 is definitely worth a visit while on Phi Phi Island.
Phi Phi Viewpoint 1, 2 …3!
If you’re looking for a place to see some seriously stunning scenery, Phi Phi Viewpoint is definitely the spot for you. Located on an offshore island in the Andaman Sea, this Viewpoint provides stunning views of both the Phi Phi Islands and Koh Tao.
Whether you’re planning to spend a day or a weekend at the Viewpoint, here are four things you need to know before arriving:
- The Viewpoint is open 7am-7pm every day, and admission is free.
- There are two viewing areas – Ph Phi Viewpoint 1 and Ph Phi Viewpoint 2 – both of which offer different perspectives of the islands and mainland Thailand.
- If you want to get up close and personal with the islands, head to Ph Phi Viewpoint 3; it’s located atop a hill and offers some of the best views in all of Viewpoint territory.
- Be warned: because of its beautiful surroundings, Viewpoint can get pretty crowded during peak tourist season. Arrive early if you want to avoid long lines!
How to get to the Phi Phi Viewpoint
To get to Phi Phi Viewpoint, you need to take a short hike up the mountain from the center of the island. Here’s how to get there:
- From the main pier, walk towards the town of Tonsai.
- Look for the signposts leading to the Viewpoint. You’ll see signs that say “Viewpoint” or “To the Viewpoint” on the main street.
- Follow the signs to the start of the trail. The trailhead is located near the base of the mountain, and you’ll need to climb a set of stairs to reach it.
- Begin the hike up to the Viewpoint. The trail can be steep and challenging, so take your time and be prepared for a workout.
- As you climb, you’ll come across two viewpoints before reaching Phi Phi Viewpoint 1. Take your time to rest and enjoy the beautiful scenery at each of these viewpoints.
- When you reach Phi Phi Viewpoint 1, take a break and enjoy the panoramic views of the island.
- If you have time and energy, you can continue hiking to Phi Phi Viewpoint 2, which offers equally stunning views.
Remember to wear comfortable shoes, bring water, and be prepared for the steep climb. With a little effort, you’ll be rewarded with breathtaking views of Phi Phi Island that you’ll never forget.
How long does it take to climb Phi Phi Viewpoint?
The duration of the climb to Phi Phi Viewpoint depends on the individual’s fitness level and the chosen route. Generally, it takes around 20-30 minutes to reach Phi Phi Viewpoint 2 and 45-60 minutes to reach Phi Phi Viewpoint 1 from the base of the trail. The hike can be challenging and steep, with many steps to climb, but the stunning views from the top make an effort worthwhile.
It’s important to note that the trail can be slippery and muddy, especially after rainfall, so visitors should take precautions and wear appropriate footwear. It’s also essential to bring plenty of water and snacks to keep you hydrated and energized during the climb.
Overall, visitors should expect to spend around 1-2 hours completing the hike and enjoying the stunning views from the top. It’s a fantastic opportunity to experience the natural beauty of Phi Phi Island and get some exercise while enjoying the great outdoors.
Which Phi Phi viewpoint is best?
All viewpoints on Phi Phi Island offer stunning panoramic views of the island’s beautiful landscape, but each one has its own unique features that make it special. Ultimately, which Viewpoint is “best” will depend on individual preferences and what visitors hope to see and experience.
Phi Phi Viewpoint 1 is the most popular and well-known Viewpoint on the island. It offers incredible views of the island’s turquoise waters and stunning coastline. The trail to the top can be challenging, but the view from the top is truly breathtaking.
Phi Phi Viewpoint 2 offers a quieter and less-crowded experience than Viewpoint 1, but the views are equally stunning. From here, visitors can see the beautiful green jungle that covers much of the island, as well as some of the smaller surrounding islands.
Tips for Visiting Phi Phi Viewpoint
If you’re planning to visit Phi Phi Viewpoint on your next trip to Phi Phi Island, here are some tips to help you make the most out of your experience:
- Wear comfortable shoes: The hike up to the Viewpoint can be steep and challenging, so make sure to wear comfortable and sturdy shoes.
- Bring water: It’s important to stay hydrated during the hike, so make sure to bring plenty of water.
- Visit early in the morning: The Viewpoint can get crowded during peak hours, so try to visit early in the morning to avoid the crowds and enjoy the peaceful scenery.
- Bring a camera: The views from the top are absolutely stunning, so don’t forget to bring a camera to capture the breathtaking scenery.
- Respect the environment: Phi Phi Island is a natural treasure, so make sure to respect the environment by not leaving any trash behind and following the designated paths.
- Be prepared for the weather: The weather on Phi Phi Island can be hot and humid, so make sure to bring sunscreen, a hat, and other protective gear.
- Stay safe: The trails to the Viewpoint can be steep and rocky, so be sure to watch your step and take breaks if needed.
Phi Phi Viewpoint is a must-visit attraction on Phi Phi Island, offering stunning panoramic views of the surrounding sea and jungle. While the hike up to the Viewpoint can be challenging, the views from the top are well worth the effort. To make the most of your visit, be sure to wear comfortable clothing and bring plenty of water. And don’t forget to explore the other attractions on the island, from its beautiful beaches to its lively nightlife and delicious cuisine.