One of the places in the world that receives the greatest number of tourists each year is the city of Bangkok. Due to the fact that Bangkok is the capital of Thailand and a very economically busy city, it also attracts tourists who have come for the purpose of conducting business. It is absolutely essential that you visit this location if you are going to travel to this nation because of the huge range of individuals from different parts of the world that can be found there.
In this section, we will discuss the most efficient ways for you to go there from Phuket.
How to go from Phuket to Bangkok?
You’ll be ready for the hectic daytime and nightlife that Bangkok, one of the largest cities in the world, has to offer once you’ve experienced the laid-back beach scene that Phuket has to offer. It is situated in the northwestern portion of the Gulf of Thailand, over the water, and to the northeast of Phuket. Due to the fact that it is such an important city, a variety of transportation options are readily available to visitors. Next, we will give you information regarding the ones that are the most practical.
Read More: How to go from Bangkok to Chiang Mai
Transportation to go from (origin) to (destination):
- Plane – It is the fastest and most comfortable way to get to Bangkok from Phuket.
- Rental Car – This is a choice if you like to drive on the highway for a long time.
- Bus – This option is less expensive than flying, and you won’t have to worry about driving.
- Bus + Train – You can combine two forms of transportation to see Thailand’s scenery from a different angle, but this is not the best way to do it.
How to go to Bangkok by plane
The fact that there are more than 57 daily flights between Phuket and Bangkok, from which you may select flights of varying schedules and levels of luxury, makes this mode of transportation a very practical option. Several airlines provide service between Phuket and Bangkok, including THAI, Bangkok Airways, Emirates, Thai AirAsia, and Nok Air. In addition, Bangkok has two airports, so you may select the one you want to use when you reach there. The Airport Rail Link provides a connection between the two airports, with the biggest of the two being Suvarnabhumi International Airport. Don Mueang International Airport The majority of its business is with domestic airlines and budget carriers. The fact that there are so many alternatives available to you means that you have the ability to shop around for a reasonable price on your aircraft ticket; this is something that you should absolutely do because ticket costs may vary greatly from one airline to another.
- Distance: Approximately 670 kilometers in a straight line.
- Duration: How much time does it take? (2 hours 30 minutes) Look at Google Maps or English pages to get from one place to another.
- Price: Price in country currency (100 bahts)
- Departure area: Surat Thani Bus Station
Read More: How to go from Bangkok to Ayutthaya
How to go to Bangkok by rental car
Because the trip is so lengthy, we do not advise selecting this alternative if you do not have a significant number of vacation days available to you. Because it can be taxing at times, this approach is best reserved for those who are enthusiastic about long stretches of highway driving. You may stop along the journey to snap photographs of scenery that capture your interest or to eat something, get to know areas that you would not have imagined, stop at motels at night, and so on. This is one of the benefits that it offers. If you decide to go with this alternative, we strongly suggest that you bring a map as well as a GPS device with you.
- Distance: 840.7 kilometers along highway 4.
- Duration: 11 hours and 30 minutes approximately.
- Price: Not determined.
- Starting area: Not determined.
How to go to Bangkok by bus
You won’t have to worry about driving, so you can relax and take in the sights while you go, despite the lengthy trip. If you do not have much extra time and want to make the most of the time you do have to see the sites you have planned, this is not the most suggested choice for you to make. It is less expensive than travelling by air, which is one of the benefits it offers.
- Distance: 840.7 kilometers along highway 4.
- Duration: 14 hours.
- Price: From 650 to 1000 baht.
- Departure area: Phuket Bus Terminal 2.
How to go to Bangkok by bus + train
By using this method of transportation, one must first take a bus to Surat Thani before boarding a train that will take them to the Hua Lamphong railway station in Bangkok. You have the option of enrolling in either first or second class. The cost of the ticket often includes both the rail ride and the bus ride together. This is an alternative that we do not suggest due to the fact that the cost is typically greater than it would be to take a bus that goes directly to Bangkok, and the fact that this does not transfer into a savings in travel time.
- Distance: Approximately 350 kilometers by bus. By train, around 650 kilometers.
- Duration: About 5 – 6 hours by bus and 8 hours by train.
- Price: From 900 to 1,100 bahts for second class and from 1,500 to 1,800 bahts for first class.
- Departure area: From Phuket Bus Terminal 2, the bus left. From the Surat Thani train station, the train left.
- My Caffeinated Journey: The Top 8 Best Coffee Shops in Bangkok - September 11, 2023
- My Encounter with Thailand’s Black and White Striped Snakes - September 2, 2023
- The Koh Samui Island Tour - July 24, 2023