Many consider Krabi to be among the most desirable places to visit for its beaches in Thailand. Therefore, if you wish to travel to one of the coastal places after spending several days in Chiang Mai without seeing the water, Krabi might be an ideal alternative for you to consider. In addition, it may provide a starting point from which to explore other locations in the region, such as the Phi Phi Islands, and you will be in a somewhat tranquil setting while retaining a certain amount of nightlife. You may go from Chiang Mai to Krabi by a number of different transportation methods.
In this post, we will provide you with all the information you must know on how to go from Chiang Mai to Krabi.
How to go from Chiang Mai to Krabi?
Because both Chiang Mai and Krabi have their own airports, travelling from one city to the other via direct flight is an option that may be pursued. Krabi is located around 1,200 kilometres to the southwest of Chiang Mai when measured in a direct line. Despite the significant distance between the two cities, there are different modes of transportation available to you, such as cars and buses.
The train is another option, but we do not recommend it at all because Krabi does not have its own train station, and the journey, in addition to being extremely long, requires transfers and is not necessarily cheaper than other options that are either faster or more direct. Rather, we recommend that you choose one of the other options because they are either more direct or faster. The following will give you further information on the most suggested alternatives, allowing you to pick the one that is most appropriate for your needs in terms of both money and time.
Read More: How to go from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai
Transport to go from Chiang Mai to Krabi:
- Plane – The fastest and most comfortable way, but also the most expensive.
- Car – It will take you more than a day to drive from one point to the other.
- Bus – You will need to make a stopover in Bangkok if you choose this option.
How to go to Krabi by plane
Most days, there are only two direct flights between these cities, so you should buy your ticket early to ensure you get on. You may be able to discover alternative travel alternatives with stopovers that are less expensive, but doing so may cause you to lose a significant amount of time. Because the cost of travelling can fluctuate quite a bit depending on factors such as the time of year and the days of the week, it is imperative that you do some research and comparison shopping in order to find the most affordable alternative.
- Distance: Almost 1200 kilometers in a straight line.
- Duration: 2 hours.
- Price: From 2500 bahts (it is variable).
- Departure area: Chiang Mai International Airport (CNX).
Read More: How to get from Koh Samui to Phi Phi
How to go to Krabi by car
The distance between these two cities is considerable; therefore, if you want to go between them by driving in a hired automobile, you should be aware that the journey will most likely take more than one day. You will be required to make a stop, get a hotel room, and relax for the night. This could be the best choice for you if you enjoy having total control over when you stop and where you stop along the trip, in addition to the excitement of the adventure.
- Distance: About 1500 kilometers.
- Duration: Approximately 18 hours.
- Price: Not determined.
- Starting area: Not determined.
How to go to Krabi by bus
If speed and ease of travel are of the utmost importance to you, you should not go with this option because it will take a very long time and will involve transfers. Nevertheless, taking that into consideration as a viable choice is something you should do. You will have to catch a bus from the Chiang Mai Arcade Terminal to one of the bus terminals in Bangkok in order to reach your destination. When making your plans, you should make every effort to guarantee that the terminal in Bangkok where you will arrive offers bus alternatives to Krabi so that you won’t have to move between several stations.
- Distance: From Chiang Mai to Bangkok, approximately 690 kilometers. From Bankok to Krabi, about 780 kilometers.
- Duration: The entire trip will take you about a day and a half.
- Price: The price between the two sections is about 1,800 baht, but it can be much higher (3,000 baht or more) if you choose to get more amenities, which may be worth it on such a long trip.
- Departure area: Chiang Mai Arcade Bus Station for the first leg of the trip.