Krabi is considered by many to be among the most desirable locations in Thailand to visit for its beaches. Therefore, if you wish to travel to one of the coastal places after spending several days in Chiang Mai without seeing the water, Krabi might be an ideal alternative for you to consider. In addition to this, it provides a starting point from which to explore other locations in t region, such as the Phi Phi Islands, and you will be in a setting that is somewhat tranquil while retaining a certain amount of nightlife. You may go from Chiang Mai to Krabi by a number of different transportation methods.
In this post, we will provide you with all the information you must know on how to go from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai.
How to go from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai?
Because both Chiang Mai and Krabi have their own airports, travelling from one city to the other via direct flight is an option that may be pursued. Krabi is located around 1,200 kilometres to the southwest of Chiang Mai when measured in a direct line. Despite the significant distance between the two cities, there are different modes of transportation available to you, such as cars and buses.
The train is another option, but we do not recommend it at all because Krabi does not have its own train station, and the journey, in addition to being extremely long, requires transfers and is not necessarily cheaper than other options that are either faster or more direct. Rather, we recommend that you choose one of the other options because they are either more direct or faster. The following will give you further information on the most suggested alternatives, allowing you to pick the one that is most appropriate for your needs in terms of both money and time.
Read More: How to get from Koh Samui to Phi Phi
Transport to go from Chiang Mai to Krabi:
- Plane – This is the quickest and most comfortable way, but it also costs the most.
- Car – It will take you more than a day to drive from one point to the other.
- Bus – If you choose this choice, you will have to stop in Bangkok.
How to go to Krabi by plane
Because there are often only two direct flights that operate each day between these locations, it is important to purchase your ticket in plenty of time to guarantee that you get a seat. You may be able to discover alternative travel alternatives with stopovers that are less expensive, but doing so may cause you to lose a significant amount of time. Because the cost of travelling can fluctuate quite a bit depending on factors such as the time of year and the days of the week, you must do some research and comparison shopping in order to find the most affordable alternative.
- Distance: Almost 1200 kilometers in a straight line.
- Duration: 2 hours.
- Price: From 2500 bahts (it is variable).
- Departure area: Chiang Mai International Airport (CNX).
Read More: How to get from Koh Samui to Koh Phangan
How to go to Krabi by car
The distance between these two cities is considerable; therefore, if you want to go between them by driving in a hired automobile, you should be aware that the journey will most likely take more than one day. You will be required to make a stop, get a hotel room, and relax for the night. This could be the best choice for you if you enjoy having total control over when you stop and where you stop along the trip, in addition to the excitement of the adventure.
- Distance: About 1500 kilometers.
- Duration: Approximately 18 hours.
- Price: Not determined.
- Starting area: Not determined.
How to go to Krabi by bus
This option takes a long time and requires transfers, so it’s not the best if you want to get where you’re going quickly and in comfort. But it is a good choice that you can think about. From Chiang Mai Arcade Terminal, you’ll need to take a bus to one of Bangkok’s bus terminals. Plan to arrive in Bangkok at a station where you can take a bus to Krabi. This way, you won’t have to go from one station to another.
- Distance: It’s about 690 kilometres from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. From Bankok to Krabi, about 780 kilometres.
- Duration: The entire trip will take you about a day and a half.
- Price: The price between the two sections is about 1,800 baht, but it can be much higher (3,000 baht or more) if you choose to get more amenities, which may be worth it on such a long trip.
- Departure area: Chiang Mai Arcade Bus Station for the first leg of the trip.