The official Thai capital is located in Bangkok. As a result of this, it is considered to be a cosmopolitan city in which virtually everything may be found. In turn, it is extremely well linked with all regions of the nation, particularly those that are known for their tourism, which means that travelling there from Krabi is a simple endeavor, and there are many different alternatives available to you to do so. In this article, you will get all the information you require to make the best decision in this respect and select the option most suited to your demands and your budget.
How to get from Krabi to Bangkok?
Because both Bangkok and Krabi have their own airports, flying straight between the two cities is an option that should not be discounted. On the other hand, no railway line goes there that is considered to be direct. If you want to go using this mode of transportation, the first thing you will need to do is create a connection with a bus. You may drive on your own, take a direct bus from Krabi, or choose either option. Following is an in-depth look at all the potential routes you may take from Krabi to Bangkok. This will allow you to select the mode of transportation that is most accommodating to both your schedule and your finances.
Read More: How to get from Krabi to Koh Lanta
Transportation from Krabi to Bangkok:
- Plane – Due to the long distance between Krabi and Bangkok, this is the best choice.
- Bus + Train – This choice is a long way around, so if you want to take the train, you have to take a bus first.
- Bus – This is the cheapest option.
- Car – This is a choice if you like to drive on the highway for a long time.
How to go to Bangkok by plane
Several national airlines each day maintain daily schedules that allow them to fly between the two cities. Bangkok Airways, Thai Airways, Thai Lion Air, and Nok Air are among the carriers that offer service along this route. Since you have the option of flying into either Don Muang Airport or Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok, it is important to first determine which of the two airports offers the services that you require before selecting the option that provides the best value for your money, the most convenient departure times, and the airport at which you will be arriving.
- Distance: 650 kilometers in a straight line.
- Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Precio: 1100 – 3000 baths.
- Departure area: Krabi International Airport (KBV).
Read More: How to get from Krabi to Bangkok
How to go to Bangkok by bus + train
Because Krabi does not have a train station, travelling to Bangkok by train is not an option for getting there straight from Krabi. You may take a bus from Krabi Sea Pearl and get out at Surat Thani railway station if you want to experience travelling on a Thai train as part of a tour package. This will allow you to live the experience of travelling on a Thai train. You will be able to board a train there that will take you to the Hua Lamphong Station in Bangkok.
- Distance: From Krabi to Surat Thani, it’s just over 100 km, and from Surat Thani to Bangkok, it’s about 700 km.
- Duration: 3-5 hours by bus to Surat Thani and 9-12 hours by train to Bangkok.
- Price: The bus to Surat Thani costs between 250 and 310 baht, and the train from there to Bangkok costs between 750 and 1,600 baht.
- Departure area: Krabi Sea Pearl.
How to go to Bangkok by bus
If money is an issue for you, this is the ideal choice for you because it is the most affordable alternative; however, keep in mind that you will be required to spend the better part of a day travelling by bus. The journey from Krabi to Bangkok will take around 12 hours, but during that time, passengers will have the chance to take in the beautiful sights of Thailand’s countryside from the comfort of their seats.
- Distance: About 770 kilometers.
- Duration: Approximately 12 hours.
- Price: Around 850 baht.
- Departure area: Krabi Andaman Wave Master Bus Station.
How to go to Bangkok by car
The trip is long, so this method is only good for people who love to drive on the highway, since it can get a little tiring. You may stop along the road to snap photographs of landscapes that grab your attention or to eat something, get to know unexpected areas, stay at a hotel to rest for the night, etc., which is one of the benefits that it offers. Another benefit is that you can get to know unexpected places. If you decide to go with this alternative, we strongly suggest that you bring a map as well as a GPS device with you.
- Distance: 782.5 kilometers by highway 4.
- Duration: 9 hours and 30 minutes approximately.
- Price: Not determined.
- Starting area: Not determined.
- My Caffeinated Journey: The Top 8 Best Coffee Shops in Bangkok - September 11, 2023
- My Encounter with Thailand’s Black and White Striped Snakes - September 2, 2023
- The Koh Samui Island Tour - July 24, 2023