If you have already been to a few different locations in Thailand and you are currently in Bangkok, adding Cambodia to your itinerary might have been something you had yet to consider doing before. This country is located to the east of Thailand, and it is a very good option because not only will you find ancient ruins, but also a stunning natural beauty, as well as the opportunity to enjoy its music, dances, festivities, and valuable culture. This country’s location makes it a very good option. If you want to go all the way from Bangkok to Cambodia, the information in this article will provide you with a number of different travel options to choose from.
How to get from Bangkok to Siem Reap?
There are a number of convenient ways to travel out from Bangkok, including by bus, rail, and aeroplane. You will be traveling through an international border no matter what means of transportation you use. This is unavoidable. You are need to get your visa at the border in order to continue your journey from Bangkok by bus or train. Because it is not difficult to do, but it can take some time, we strongly suggest that you apply for an online electronic visa before your travel. This will save you both time and any potential issues that may occur. In this post, we will go over the specifics of each of these possibilities so that you can pick the one that will work best for your preferences and your finances.
Transportation to go from Bangkok to Cambodia:
- Plane – It is the fastest and most expensive option.
- Bus – This is the cheapest option, but it is the one that will take you the longest.
- Train – Cheaper, but it only takes you to the border.
How to go to Cambodia by plane
This is the most expensive way to get from Bangkok to Cambodia, but it is also the fastest way to get between airport cities. Three airlines fly from Suvarnabhumi International Airport in Bangkok to Siem Reap-Angkor International Airport in Siem Reap, which is the biggest airport in Cambodia. You could also fly out of Don Muang Airport. You can also fly from Bangkok to Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia.
- Distance: Bangkok – Siem Reap 368 kilometers. Bangkok – Phnom Pneh 717 kilometers.
- Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes, approximately.
- Price: 1500 – 3500 baht.
- Departure area: Suvarnabhumi International Airport or Bangkok Don Muang Airport.
How to go to Cambodia by bus
There are two good things about taking a bus from Bangkok to Cambodia instead of flying. First, you can choose your own route, and second, they are much cheaper than flights. The downside is that they go over long distances, so they take a long time. You’ll have to decide if you’re willing to sit still for a whole day, or if you’d rather just look at the scenery and not worry about the time.
Like flights, most buses from Bangkok to Cambodia will go to Phnom Penh, and Siem Reap as their main destinations. There are a lot of bus routes between the two cities, and the Aranyaprathet/Poipet border is where you cross into Cambodia. Keep in mind that it takes at least two to three hours to cross the border.
You could also take a trip from Bangkok to the Cambodian border and then take another way to get to where you want to go from the Cambodian side.
- Distance: 243.6 kilometers to the border
- Duration: It takes about 5 hours to get to the border. The time it takes to cross the border and the time it takes to get to your final destination must be added to this.
- Price: 750 – 1000 baht (depending on which part of Cambodia you are going to).
- Departure area: Bangkok North Bus Terminal (Morchit).
How to go to Cambodia by train
From Bangkok’s Hua Lamphong station, you can take a train to the Aranyaprathet border. There are no trains that run across the border. After this, you have to take a taxi or tuk-tuk to get where you need to go. When you take the train, you can choose between first, second, and third. Each has its own features, like air conditioning, bunk beds, or just plain wooden seats.
- Distance: It is around 220 kilometers to the border. The rest of the way will depend on where you want to go within Cambodia.
- Duration: 6 hours to the border.
- Price: 50 baht.
- Departure area: Bangkok Hua Lamphong Station.
- My Caffeinated Journey: The Top 8 Best Coffee Shops in Bangkok - September 11, 2023
- My Encounter with Thailand’s Black and White Striped Snakes - September 2, 2023
- The Koh Samui Island Tour - July 24, 2023